SailNet Community - View Single Post - DIY - discussion on building a DIY hookah diving compressor
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: DIY - discussion on building a DIY hookah diving compressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by killarney_sailor View Post
First of all, I should admit that I know next to nothing about dive equipment, but we ran into a cruiser who had an interesting device onboard for doing quick checks and repairs. He had taken a dive regulator and separated the primary and secondary stages of the regulator (if I understood his description). He left the primary stage attached to his tank, which stayed on deck while the secondary stage was attached to the mouthpiece by a hose long enough that he work on his keel or whatever. He said that this arrangement allowed him to get in the water much quicker than with tank he wore or setting up a hookah? Comments?
It's a good idea. He didn't really do anything more than add a longer hose between the first and second stage regulators. They are naturally separate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook