SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Vendee Globe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMoll View Post
Paulo, Did Mike and Alex swap boats?

What a finish! Not only the first and second "duel", but also the third and fourth places.

Regarding the comparison to the VOR, I think it's two very different events, and although the VG s more sailor-hero-oriented, which is fine, there is nothing like the roadshow that the VOR puts on, with a visiting tour. I don't think a nonstop race will ever draw more crowd than a destination-focused tour, which promotes tourism and thus a greater overall public effect. I'm watching the live feed of the VG first finish, and there is not even 8,000 people watching. I am surprised by such a low number.

Regards to all,

Hans
Well, they are both English... Just said Mike when I wanted to say Alex

But the important is that a kid that dreamed with winning the Vendee Globe since he was 5 years old had made his dream true, and not an easy one.

La remontée du chenal de François Gabart por VendeeGlobeTV

Meanwhile Jean-Pierre is looking for more clement conditions near the Portuguese coast but the truth is that he will get 30K winds when he passes Finisterra cape. I hope it will turn out alright for him. 30K on the Biscay is not a pleasant prospect even with a keel

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook