SailNet Community - View Single Post - In the market for a C30.
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013

JimMcGee is on a distinguished road
Re: In the market for a C30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Fish In the Sea View Post
Just got back to Louisiana from Norway... the bike's been in the garage for 10 years and the humidity has done a hell of a number on it, so don't know how much it'll take to get the rust off of it... what a pain in the ass... :/
An SOS pad and some elbow grease will do wonders on the chrome. Been riding Harleys for years, try it, you'll be amazed.

As for finding a Catalina 30 under $10K, I'd start with the local boating rag. Around here it's the Salty Dog. I don't know if they cover your area, but boating rags are usually free at the local West Marine and marinas.

Next fire up Google and start calling local marinas and asking. They may not spend a lot of time/money advertising a $10K boat but they'll talk on the phone. You may even get "Well yeah, Fred's been talking about selling his boat let me put you in touch with him."

I found my first boat helping out an old guy in the marina and asking "do you know anybody selling a ..."

You never know. Best of luck with the Harley and with the search.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most" - E.B. White
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook