SailNet Community - View Single Post - DIY - discussion on building a DIY hookah diving compressor
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: DIY - discussion on building a DIY hookah diving compressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstbttms View Post
I don't know that that is the case. I have certainly never heard that before. But let's assume it is. For hull cleaning, there is no need to have accumulator tanks and the associated plumbing. A high-quality compressor (not some Chinese-built POS from Home Depot) will run continuously for many, many hours without the need to shut down or cool off. Further, at the depths we are talking about, the air hose will hold enough reserve air to get to the surface easily in the event the compressor shuts down for some reason.

I do not recommend using a hardware store compressor as the base for hookah system, but I know plenty of hull cleaners who do, with no ill effects AFAIK.

The oil I was referring to was the oil used in manufacturing that was alluded to in a previous post. I could be wrong about that part. When I was designing my system years ago I had planned on putting a filter of some kind in-line but didn't feel confident that it would work that well.

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook