SailNet Community - View Single Post - The search begins
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: The search begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenay View Post
I wouldnt disagree with the description of a Cat as a motor home. But its really about how you we would be using it. Right now we are sitting down in Playa Hermosa, CR and my wife is making all kinds of cooing noises about tropical homes and lots and gardens. (I need to get salt under her feet pretty quick, time for a Bareboat charter this spring I think) Given that the option is a home that is stuck in one place having a Motor home that you can relocate and enjoy the journey is in my mind a viable counter to her evil urges. The comfort and size would make her happy and in my case anything with a hull and a sail is going to satisfy my urge to a great degree. As I said above I could talk her into a Hylas 49 CC but thats abit out of our budget I suspect. Sometimes its about staying married and sailing as well as how good a blue water platform it is.
Have her read Arthur Ransome: "Houses are but badly built boats so firmly aground that you cannot think of moving them. They are definitely inferior things, belonging to the vegetable world, not the animal."
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook