SailNet Community - View Single Post - can I afford to continue sailing
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013

Marcel D is on a distinguished road
Re: can I afford to continue sailing

"Stand your ground" is not the approach I'd take. I wouldn't give in, either, but don't approach this as a confrontation- a good wife is hard to find and divorces are more expensive than dock fees. Discuss it.
You are both right. It's impossible to justify sailing from an economic standpoint. It's an expensive thing to do. However, if y"Stand your ground" is not the approach I'd take. I wouldn't give in, either, but don't approach this as a confrontation- a good wife is hard to find and divorces are more expensive than dock fees. Discuss it.
You are both right. It's impossible to justify sailing from an economic standpoint. It's an expensive thing to do. However, if you spend your life worrying only about money and not enjoying what you're doing, it's wasted.
Convince her that you are mindful of what it costs and you try to economize as much as you can, but sailing is too important to you to give up and the two of you need to find a way to make it happen.
Maybe if she gives up new clothes for 6 months?
ou spend your life worrying only about money and not enjoying what you're doing, it's wasted.
Convince her that you are mindful of what it costs and you try to economize as much as you can, but sailing is too important to you to give up and the two of you need to find a way to make it happen.
Maybe if she gives up new clothes for 6 months?

I agree with msmith 10 divorces are expensive and on the other hand sailing is not cheap either. Me and my wife owned a Beneteau 285 that cost us $295.00 per month to keep at Port Sidney in BC. We now own a Beneteau 34. In a 36 foot slip which is costing us $525.00 per month. We love to sail and spend about 31 to 38 day per year on the boat just kicking back. Stick to what you love dont be held captive.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook