SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Neo 400: What a boat

I love Italian design and Italian boats. Sure French boats are great but they don't have the flare of Italian boats. Just look at this one:

That is a Ceccarelli design (Azuree 40) and Giovanni Ceccarelli says about it:

Being invited by the new Brand of Neo yachts is like a breath of fresh air...Neo offered us the chance to make something special...The new company ambition was to creare the perfect stylish but dual purpose modern yacht... comfortable, safe and dry for offshore cruising but fully competitive under IRC and ORCI rules.

The boat uses a lifting bulb keel that does not require hydraulic. That is very interesting and I would like to know more about that.

This is, of course, a State of the art full prepreg-unidirectional carbon fiber racer-cruiser 40′ yacht .

The Principal Dimension goes with the looks, just great:

LOA 12.15 m
BMAX 3.99 m
DRAFT 2.70/1.60 m
DSPL = 4600 kg
BALLAST = 2400 kg
FRESH WATER TANKS = 250 Lt
FUEL TANKS = 100 Lt
ENGINE POWER Volvo Penta S drive
SAIL AREA UPWIND = 100 sqm
Gennaker : 165 sqm

The fuel tankage seems not much but who needs an engine with a boat like this? 100 sqm upwind to 4600kg? Jesus, do you had a look at the B/D ratio of this boat? With all the ballast on a bulb at 2.7m? and with a considerable beam. This boat will not only sail with as little as 3 or 4K wind ( going over wind speed) as it will be able to go upwind in a gale like a rocket pointing like a devil. That is a STIFF boat

they say about it:

Italian design and style
and I can only agree and I will add, at its best.

and I am wasting to much time on this but I had to share this one, what a boat

Last edited by PCP; 01-30-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook