SailNet Community - View Single Post - Newbe with no experience buys big boat
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013

Shinook is on a distinguished road
Re: Newbe with no experience buys big boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenndamato View Post
Shinook,

I changed the names of all major characters, and also changed at least one thing about them so they would not be possible to track down - I don't want any hassels. The ages, personalities, genders and appearances - all the things central to the story - are as they were in real life. Jon, Tweety and Duffy exist with those names (Duffy of course passed away about a year after I met him).

The only people I kept in touch with (via internet) are "Joyce" and "Doug." Both are still working and as of a year ago both sail, although Doug is now 71.

I made both aware of the book and Joyce is cool with the fact that she took the original photograph that was used to create the cover image. However, neither has commented to me on the book. Sorry!

The relatively minor characters, like Megan and Loukia, and probably unaware of the book - I don't have a means of reaching them. It is possible Joyce told them.

I had a vision a while ago of Joyce, Doug, Megan, Loukia and I all appearing on . . . Oprah! Wouldn't that be fun? Of course, the book will have to be a lot more popular than it is now! If sales really take off a big publisher may decide to contract for distribution and that would get it into brick-and-mortar stores. Just dreamin'!
No worries! I was just curious.

Thanks again for the read, it was great. I imagine you could show up on Oprah or, even better, end up with your own reality TV show with all of you on a boat again
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook