SailNet Community - View Single Post - 94 Hunter Legend 35.5 & Yanmar 3GM30F
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013

Saltonsails is on a distinguished road
Re: 94 Hunter Legend 35.5 & Yanmar 3GM30F

Hi Kevin.

I'm still in the market, however if I wish to stay married I think I'm going to have to cool my jet's for a while.

I found one in Ladysmith (Insouciant) that was nice and reasonably clean, but again over priced. Owners are in Alberta and just don't use it..... Just checked they brought the price down to 54,900 to match everyone else. I think I still have the photo's and could send them if you wish. Over all it seemed to be a good boat, here is the yachtworld link YW# 68091-2499397.
It has a leak in it's stuffing box that has caused some corrosion on the linkage for the transmission. That fixed up and a little TLC would make a good coastal cruiser.

I'm under the impression that Hunter is not a great off shore choice, (thickness of fibreglass in the hull and a few other things), if that's what you wish to do then Catalina may be a better choice for you. Hunter has all the bell's and whistles for it's price point, however it's not top quality and these things tend to break down. Something to keep in mind when looking at boats.

Hunter is about 12-15k less than Catalina for a similar size boat, there has to be a reason. For what I was looking at Hunter gave the biggest bang for my dollar. I'm into coastal cruising as I'm a neophyte to sailing and I was (am) looking for a fun boat to learn on and something that will double as a cottage.

Hope this helps, keep me posted as to your progress.

Cheer's, Rob.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook