SailNet Community - View Single Post - In the market for a C30.
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013

Another Fish In the Sea is on a distinguished road
Re: In the market for a C30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMcGee View Post
An SOS pad and some elbow grease will do wonders on the chrome. Been riding Harleys for years, try it, you'll be amazed.

As for finding a Catalina 30 under $10K, I'd start with the local boating rag. Around here it's the Salty Dog. I don't know if they cover your area, but boating rags are usually free at the local West Marine and marinas.

Next fire up Google and start calling local marinas and asking. They may not spend a lot of time/money advertising a $10K boat but they'll talk on the phone. You may even get "Well yeah, Fred's been talking about selling his boat let me put you in touch with him."

I found my first boat helping out an old guy in the marina and asking "do you know anybody selling a ..."

You never know. Best of luck with the Harley and with the search.
Thanks y'all... spent the last two days working on the bike... kinda fun but kind of a pain too

I'll check out the local stuff and see what's around... there's a nice boat in the bayou in front of my street... looks like it's been there a while and with a little love and care, could turn into something special. That's the kind of stuff I like to do anyway...