SailNet Community - View Single Post - Charter BVI next 60 days
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013
Go Cowboys

jobberone is on a distinguished road
Re: Charter BVI next 60 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeantmajor View Post
What type of boat are you looking for - a cat or a classic sailboat? What size? Any 'must have' accommodations? Are you looking for a chef as well? What is your price range? If you are going for a week, you will probably have the choice of a lesson or a vacation, although a good Captain can show you some basics. If you can get away for two weeks, you can probably break it up a bit more.

As already mentioned, you will need to get a fishing license. The penalties are not worth taking the risk! The snorkeling is first class in the BVIs although there are relatively few worthwhile tourist activities on land. Another reason to get a good Captain and not waste your time!

A lot of the charter companies will already be booked, but you may find a cancellation or a private captain who can take you on. I can pass on the contact info of a few companies if that helps.
I'd prefer a cat as that is the boat I'm most interested in purchasing and I think my wife will be more comfortable on a cat. But a monohull will work as we need to charter or crew that as well. We can do 1-2 weeks time wise.

We of course want to do sailing and water activities mostly.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook