SailNet Community - View Single Post - I love to learn the hard way!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: I love to learn the hard way!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltgoshen View Post
I spent This Sunday past working in my mooring field swapping the barnacled up ball with a new one. What I did not know is how much strain was on the ball at flood tide. The wind was 48 degrees cold and at a steady 18 knots. I was by my self on this project. I should have had someone along, if for nothing else, someone to reach me tools. I did get it done. Now I can find the mooring. The ball is now on-top of the water instead of just under it as it was. Here are a few shots of the work before and after.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
A lot of the NE and LI Sound Mooring balls have mast bouys with with flags connnected to them to make them so much eaier to pick up, espicially by yourself.

Mast Mooring Buoys

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook