I got in touch with the broker for the Hunter 34/35 last night. She said that there is an issue with the engine, and the owners want that fixed before they re-list it. She's not sure how long the repairs
will take, so if I go there this weekend, there's a strong chance that I won't be able to see the Hunter.
Back in November/December, I found an Allmand for sale and REALLY liked that boat. My family and I are cruisers, not racers, and that boat was one of the most comfortable "feeling" boats I had been on. Lots of beam, and enough length to spread out. I know they aren't good sailing to weather, and aren't exactly "high performance" boats, but for our purposes, that boat seemed like a good fit. Unfortunately, the boat needed work and when I itemized the repair
costs and subtracted them from the NADA value, the discounted cost of the boat was significantly less than the owner was willing to take (which explains why the boat is still on the market). Over this past weekend, as I was looking at other boats, I found another Allmand and the owner didn't run screaming when I mentioned my budget, but did say it required some additional thought. So, I'm waiting to hear whether that boat is available. It is south of me, and many of the other boats are to my north, which puts me in a holding pattern as far as plans for this weekend. I have asked the Allmand owner for a decision ASAP, so I can make my plans. Either I'll be seeing the Allmand this weekend (and possibly a few others in that area) or heading out to see a Pearson 323, S2 9.2A, Endeavour 32, and possibly an Irwin 30.