SailNet Community - View Single Post - What do you do on a rainy day in paradise?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Re: What do you do on a rainy day in paradise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipitous View Post
Well, you can only stay in bed for so long after you have to move on to other activities.

But now I'm curious to hear about YOUR days as a young man! (spare some of the details though)

Jessica
Back then, about the same time John Paul Jones joined the Navy, we didn't have PCs, Cellular phones, I-Pads, etc... Consequently, on those rainy days, when I was your age, and living ashore, my loving spouse and I would go bowling, go to an indoor archery range, then come home, clean up, go to a great restaurant/nite-club, have a wonderful dinner and dance the night away, often getting home at 2 a.m. or later.

If it snowed, we frequently would go sledding, tried skiing once, but in the mid-Atlantic region near Baltimore, the slopes were mainly glare ice and you were easily injured.

If the weather wasn't too cold, but drizzling rain, scuba diving wasn't out of the question, wearing a full wet suit and diving near the old Chesapeake Bay Bridge span where monster oysters were found among the bridge pilings. Some of the oysters were so big you had to cut them into quarters in order to slurp them with hot sauce.

Prior to getting married, well, I won't elaborate on those days, but damned, they were sure a lot of fun - especially if it was raining.

Cheers,

Gary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook