SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are Boats Built in the 70's Just Too Tired
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013
Daniel - Norsea 27

Rhapsody-NS27 is on a distinguished road
Re: Are Boats Built in the 70's Just Too Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootnavigator View Post
Just a thought but why not drop it to say 30 feet give or take and get a smaller boat in great condition.
This is almost what I was doing. I was thinking of "Get the last boat first" but then thinking that I'm still new to all this myself so decided to look and get something smaller but still be able to go just about anywhere I would want. I ended up with a Nor'sea 27 as my first boat and while I haven't had it in the water yet, I've still had some fun working on it to get it ready. Always reminds me of the saying "A bad day on the boat is better than a good day at work"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjen View Post
one advice seemed to be universal: Don't buy a catalina, hunter or beneteau.

I bought the Rawson partly because it has a very good reputation for being a sturdy blue water boat.
I was seeing the same advice about the common production boats. I got a Nor'sea 27 for having the same reputation of being a solid "blue water" boat. So far, I'm happy for this being my first (possibly only?) boat.

Quote:
Aside from what it teaches you, there is simply the indescribable degree of peace that can be achieved on a sailing vessel at sea. I guess a combination of hard work and the seemingly infinite expanse of the sea - the profound solitude - that does it for me. - Billy Campbell

Last edited by Rhapsody-NS27; 01-31-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook