SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tornado Damage
Thread: Tornado Damage
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013

CarpeAquam is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Tornado Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
As a swing keel your problems are much smaller than they might have been.. but wow.. must have been something to wake up to!
It was something... The house was shaking, the wind was roaring, and I was running for the basement! In the morning I had to leave for work before the sun came up, so I didn't see it all until last night. It's going to be a lot of work.

This is my friends pontoon who keeps it on our property... It has a 4L inboard that I'm hoping held tight, but we can't get in it to tell.

This USED to be a picnic table!

My neighbors Hobie 16 was about 20 feet from where it was, but surprisingly I think it is going to be fine.

The neighbors aluminum latter, 100 yards away.

It took this pontoon platform and trailer up a hill and across the road about 50 yards from where it was sitting!

There were lots of trees and power lines down, house siding blown off, etc. 12,000 were without power in central Indiana alone. We lost power at 2:30 am when it hit and didn't get it back on until 7pm. Two were killed, but I think we were lucky it wasn't more.

(Previously posting as LemonHead)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook