SailNet Community - View Single Post - Newbe with no experience buys big boat
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Newbe with no experience buys big boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
Yeah, when I read that comment, my first thought was "Sounds like Mexico, to me..." Or, any number of other places - the Rio Dulce, Phuket, Marathon, to name a few - where singlehanded "cruisers" have washed up, found the living and booze cheap, and aren't going anywhere else anytime soon...

Get off the beaten track a bit, and encounter singlehanders who are really going places, I don't think the incidence of alcoholism is particularly prevalent... Pretty unlikely to see a fellow cruiser walking down the docks at 1000 hrs with a beer in his hand in a place like this, in my experience... In a paradise like the Florida Keys, however, it can be depressingly commonplace...

Tell whoever owns that sailboat at the end of the dock that they need to do a better job securing their halyards in a blow. Shameful.

Probably a newb. Heh-heh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 01-31-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook