SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are Boats Built in the 70's Just Too Tired
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Are Boats Built in the 70's Just Too Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinook View Post
Compare that to say, a Hunter, whose components and construction are clearly cheaper, of lower quality, and not as well thought out.
I'm not a big fan of Hunters but I totally disagree with the "not as well thought out" part of your post. My friends Hunter 38 is the most remarkably WELL thought out boat I have ever sailed. It does exactly what it was designed and built for, does it very well and is FULL of extremely well thought out and developed ideas and details.

I don't like their looks and I don't care for the B&R rig but other than that they are damn near perfect for cruising around here. I've never found anything about it (other than those two "minor" things) where I thought "I don't like the way they did that".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook