SailNet Community - View Single Post - Making a living as a liveaboard
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013

jostalli is on a distinguished road
Re: Making a living as a liveaboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razcar View Post
I have, 3 times. Have you actually tried doing what he says? His writing is compelling, and his ideas have merit. But having taken his advice and spent thousands trying to kick off a half dozen of my own businesses, using his very methods, I can't say it's as easy as he makes it appear to be int he book.

Without turning this into a Ferris convo, I'll just say that he had a business set up a running for years before he virtualized it... and even according to him, you have to blood/sweat/tears the thing before you get there... it's VERY tough to just jump into a totally virtual, turn-key, business requiring nothing more than a couple of hours to run, in a couple of weeks or months.

Looking back on it, I should have just bought a boat. At least I'd be on the water now.
I have. I have two businesses going that are all outsourced for the most part. One is an online advertising business focused on display ad campaigns. We are a publisher. The other is a healthcare company that acts as the division of nutritional medicine for the doctor's practice. I have nutritionists and dietitians who work with the patients.

It does take time and I have not completely let go of what I planned to outsource when I started both businesses. Had I not chosen businesses that were designed to be outsourced then I would be just like every other entrepreneur who has a poor work/life balance.

Don't quit trying. The principles are sound.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook