SailNet Community - View Single Post - What and where in Vancouver and Vancouver Island?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Re: What and where in Vancouver and Vancouver Island?

Yes, we went and have gone back home. Thanks for everyone, we had a great time in Vancouver or should i say Hong-couver. I have not seen so many Asians since I left Hong Kong in my teenager year. I don't feel like a minority in Richmond.....hahaha.

Despite the weather was cloudy and wet except for one day, Vancouver/Richmond and Victoria are so beautiful. The water is so clear. Now I know why i don't like Chesapeake bay that much. I love the city, the people and their way of life. But then I have been in most of Canadian cities, from Edmonton to Halifax. There is not a Canadian cities that I don't like.

On our first day, I went to Finn Slough and Steveston. I spent lot of the time taking pictures and reading posted note at Finn Slough. It was so fascinating and a photographer paradise.

We rented a VW golf, and drove through many coastal roads and stopping everywhere that we found interesting, enjoy seeing different housing construction to the insignificance mailbox design. ....

All I can say is: We will be back. In fact we are checking out some fights in late March and Early April. It is not bad, $400 RT from Philly for now. But from Baltimore or NYC it is selling like $500 to $600. Not sure why?

Oh yeah, one thing I don't like is the water is too damn cold. I need a dry suit.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook