SailNet Community - View Single Post - What and where in Vancouver and Vancouver Island?
View Single Post
post #17 of Old 02-01-2013 Thread Starter
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送
Re: What and where in Vancouver and Vancouver Island?

Yes, we went and have gone back home. Thanks for everyone, we had a great time in Vancouver or should i say Hong-couver. I have not seen so many Asians since I left Hong Kong in my teenager year. I don't feel like a minority in Richmond.....hahaha.

Despite the weather was cloudy and wet except for one day, Vancouver/Richmond and Victoria are so beautiful. The water is so clear. Now I know why i don't like Chesapeake bay that much. I love the city, the people and their way of life. But then I have been in most of Canadian cities, from Edmonton to Halifax. There is not a Canadian cities that I don't like.

On our first day, I went to Finn Slough and Steveston. I spent lot of the time taking pictures and reading posted note at Finn Slough. It was so fascinating and a photographer paradise.

We rented a VW golf, and drove through many coastal roads and stopping everywhere that we found interesting, enjoy seeing different housing construction to the insignificance mailbox design. ....

All I can say is: We will be back. In fact we are checking out some fights in late March and Early April. It is not bad, $400 RT from Philly for now. But from Baltimore or NYC it is selling like $500 to $600. Not sure why?

Oh yeah, one thing I don't like is the water is too damn cold. I need a dry suit.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome