Originally Posted by captainmurph:983737
1. There is a fairly large lazarette in the stern that is accessible inside through the 1/4 berths and through a opening into the cockpit. As I recall, there isn't a hatch opening on top. The opening in the cockpit has no cover which gives me concern on flooding from a wave over the stern. Is this hole oringinal or did som PO just open this up?
2. There is an original (or what appears to be) two burner pressure alcohol stove on the starboard side with an open area below. Was this area originally cabinet storage or drawers? It doesn't appear to be original. Any idea what may have been here?
3. Some PO had replaced the original Starboard side head with a porta-pottie. Was there a small holding tank in this area originally, or was it located elsewhere? I want to go back to having a permanent head.
4. Any issues with the gas tank that you know of?
5. Anything else?
Thanks in advance.
I have a 1968 cal 2-30, which is a much later version of yours. They aren't all that similar, but lapworth did do some rhings uniformly.
1. there should be covers on the lazarettes. Mine are hinged.
2. The area below my propane stove is empty, possibly for cookware storage and room for the gimballed stove movement.
3. I did the reverse of what you want with the head. What I removed was a storage bladder in the port locker opposite the head. There may be a vent and deck pump-out there.
4. can't say, mine was updated fairly recently.
5. I believe that model had keel bolts. Check them.
I hope that helps.