SailNet Community - View Single Post - Schoechl Sunbeam 34
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Schoechl Sunbeam 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuca View Post
Thanks for the quick reply! Did notice the galley sole as well. Current owner sailed the boat in Croatia and ended up bringing it over to the east coast. Would be great to hear from anyone in Europe.
Sunbeam is making yachts for the last 50 years. Nobody, specially on the high competitive European market, can make and sell boats for 50 years if they don't make good boats. Sunbeam were always expensive boats and that makes their success even more relevant because nobody buys expensive boats if they are not better than less expensive one.

http://www.sunbeam.at/

I have been inside several Sundbeams and they are well built and solid. The older ones a bit too dark for my taste. The old ones looked like Bavarias but they were better built (and much more expensive).

Regarding the teak Deck, expensive brands used better quality and more thick wood than mass production boats. I have seen 20 year's old Contest and HR with the original teak and in good condition. Speak with a specialized professional regarding the condition of the teak on the deck of that boat and about the costs to make it as new (if needed).

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 02-02-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook