SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wow.. I need some advise here...
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Wow.. I need some advise here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacap06 View Post
Ben,

It will break your heart, but walk away now. Do you know what dealing with Italian lawyers and estates would be like? You will have no end of trouble with the paperwork. There are lots of boats at great prices right now; you will find a new love.

Ask the current owner to reimburse you for repair costs - he's the one that benefits. If he says no, consider it an omen. If he does, count yourself among the lucky.

Tom
Absolutely right. My sister lived in Italy, married there and raised her family. The Italian bureaucracy and legal system is incredibly inefficient and corrupt. Dealing with something like your situation would be nearly impossible without some "bustarella" in the right places.

My brother in law has been trying to sell his restaurant for literally YEARS but there is ALWAYS some bureaucratic complication (read no correctly distributed bustarella) that prevents it.

RUN.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook