SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Re: Linjett 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
A new boat from Linjett and as all the others beautiful if a bit conservative, fast, stiff, with luxurious interiors and ....expensive. Pity we cannot have it all and cheap.Specifications:

LOA 10.66 m
Waterline length 9.30 m
Width 3.45 m
Draft 1.84 m
Displacement 5.5 t
Ballast 2.2 t
Main 37.0 sqm
Genoa 150% 37.0 sqm
Jib 22.5 sqm

What strikes me about the Linjett, is that appears to be well constructed, nicely finished but with very dated hull form that is loaded with gimmicks like the under deck jib sheets or the power winches which seem out of place on a 'performance cruiser' of this size.

It is also quite heavy for its length and a bit undercanvassed. Looking at the sailing clip, it appears to have adequate stabilty, but is not especially stiff (as naval architects and yacht designers use that term in the States).

Boats like that are a bit of a puzzle. That hullform is something you might expect out of the mid-1980's and there are lots of mid 1980's boats around with similar hullforms (The 35' Wauquiez Pretorien comes to mind). That period was not a highpoint in yacht design. But for whatever the reason, the Linjett used that hull form but has gone through and updated the rig proportion and deck hardware.

It is a bit of a mystery to me.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay

Last edited by Jeff_H; 02-02-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook