SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailors rescued 900 miles off shore..
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013
sunfish?junior?

Lou452 is on a distinguished road
Re: Sailors rescued 900 miles off shore..

Lin Pardey, Larry Pardey, Storm Tactics Modern Methods . Adlard Coles' Heavy weather sailing, I have to think people write the book must go out into some weather. I have yet to read the two books I am in a different book right now. I spend a lot of time here on sailnet. I call myself new to sailing. I am looking at this voyage 900 miles out and trying to see all of the events that made this outcome. Easy to see WNA is the big one. I am pleased with how well the post have been to point out water lines and such. Now I know what WNA stands for. The best Choice Made at 900 miles was to ask for help. Winds for the next day by way of whats been posted look to be beyond the crew and boats ability. They came to be in an bad situation unnesessary. Planes fly into the eyes of storms, HMS Bountys sink. Men climb Everest. Good well equipped sailboats are Quote " capable of dealing with (almost) anything the ocean can dish out" end Quote, Lin & Larry Pardey. I want to explore and learn what made this event. We may be at the end the thread now? The HMS Bounty is for me not that interesting. I will not be on a ship like her. If I keep at it I could find myself on a 40 foot or less and under sail Good day, Lou

Last edited by Lou452; 02-03-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook