SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dodger Sticker Shock!
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013

Location: Utah (House & Macgregor 26 Classic) -- Florida (Endeavour 37)
Sumner10 is on a distinguished road
Re: Dodger Sticker Shock!

If we would of had the choice it would of been at the boat and the house, but our boat is 2200 miles from the house.

I took some measurements of the coaming that....

...goes around the cockpit/companionway and tried....

...to duplicate them at home and first setup the old dodger that was torn, old and had a number of zippers that didn't work. It worked pretty well, but as has been mentioned there isn't a lot of difference of being skin tight and loose (we are somewhere in-between).

We are happy with the outcome but one problem area was where...

...the bimini attaches to the dodger where the 2 left double arrows are. I didn't get the angle of the bimini in relation to the dodger quite right at home and..

... the bimini sits higher on the boat vs. what I had at home so we had to cut the area where they join on the sides (rolled up in the above picture) and modify that at the yard with the sewing machine. We did that just before we left and didn't put it back on, so no new pictures.

Our boat will sit for a good part of the year in Florida without us so we wanted the dodger and bimini to go on and off quickly for storage so all of the pockets....

....where they attach to the frame are zippered.

We also wanted the front window to have a lot of options. The screen can zip off and will be off unless we are using...

...the full cockpit screen. The window also zips completely out if you want and I put in 4 zippers pulls so that you can ...

...open the whole window and leave it in place (above) or open any one or two...

...areas of it. This all takes a lot of time. All of this is on the web site,

Sum

Our 37 Endeavour --- Our 26 MacGregor --- Trips With Both

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook