SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tic box for buying a boat
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA

killarney_sailor is on a distinguished road
Ask around about brokers in your area to get some recommendation. Be careful when you contact a broker that he does not just try to sell you one of his listings so he keeps the entire commission. Make sure they realize that they are to be your purchasing broker, ie he helps you determine what boat is right and then finds one for you.

From what you have said I think you need to do a lot more thinking before you are able to get down to specifics, eg cat.vs mono and Hunter/Beneteau vs Hinckley ( the latter is like saying I am considering a Chev, a Toyota, and a Mercedes). From what you say, I think you want a cat and you should be able to get a nice one in your price range (and I am a halfamaran sailor myself). Also note that there is a huge difference in size (and likely cost) between a boat suited for two couples and one suited for at least two couples.

Last edited by killarney_sailor; 02-03-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook