SailNet Community - View Single Post - The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013

hannah2 is on a distinguished road
Re: The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??

I can't say enough how much I have enjoyed this thread. So many different observations on young people today. Seems like everyone has eyes I just wonder how many of us really use them.

To Wallard, Good on ya. You sound like you are the typical young person that I see. Who gives a damn about playing BB, baseball, football oh ya today is super bowl I didn't forget but I didn't watch. There are millions of you doing great and interesting things, all of you keep up the good work.

Hey and Wolfe, you got to get off your conspiracy thing you got some hangups there. Who gives a damn what advertisers say, let the sheep follow, you just go about doing your business and get your boat ready to go. It's the only way you will stop whining is if you set sail. Oh ya hey you can do it like your friend did it but chances are you won't make it past San Fran like about 95% on that low end budget sailors with true dreams get to. Save a little more and fix your boat up to be clean, seaworthy and safe for everyone's sake who will get to know you. No one out there is a snob or very few are but you don't get a lot of cruising friends if your boat is shat hole. No one wants to get to know you because sure enough they are gonna have come rescue you sometime or another or fix your stinking engine for you. Be interesting to see if you really do it or your all hot air. I'm cheering you on.

I'm old but so ready to go cruising again, just 5 months before the new boat is ready for sea trials. Today I spent the afternoon going over the charts of the Caroline Islands, ( they aint on the East coast of the USA) I got to say google earth and charts make for a fun afternoon. It was like a wet one but like always it will be a real one for us soon enough.

Go for it young ones, let all those old ones that don't believe in you continue on like they always have with eyes that don't see much beyond their nose.

Everyone enjoy watching the super bowl
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook