Join Date: Nov 2009
Thanked 99 Times in 91 Posts
Rep Power: 7
Re: Currents in the C&D Canal
Originally Posted by PalmettoSailor
Keep us posted on your plans. I'm hoping this will be the year I tick this trip off my "want to do" list.
I too felt a CCW trip would offer the best chance of sailing. I'd be looking to do the trip in fairly compressed fashion. Not has hardcore as TGOR, but at least paying homage. Thinking an overnight down the bay for crew practice and depending on timing, maybe a stop before exiting the Chessy. For sure I'd plan a stop at Cape May to rest and wait for favorable tides headed up the Delaware. I'm not sure if my TM C36 can use the Cape May canal so thinking maybe I'd have to go the long way 'round.
My goal is a somewhat compressed timeframe as well. I'm not setting out to grind myself down, but I'm not trying to take 2 weeks either. I'm looking at stopping at Smith Island for historical sightseeing.
We could caravan, but you're 6' longer than me, and I might slow you down more than you'd like.
I'll send you a PM.
S/V Old Shoes
1973 Pearson 30 #255