Re: Power Outlet Sizzle - Help Please
copper wire corrodes. Salt water is an excellant corroder. Old wires have had plenty of time to corrode, get brittle, and break. This will cause either an overloading (a cable meant to pass 20 amps will not be able to pass that when half the strands are corroded and broken) or a short.
I think if that were my boat, I would consider replacing most of the wiring as you get a chance to. I would also replace all the breakers and outlets as they too will probably have some corrosion inside
It might also be a good time to consider bringing your outlets up to household code (flip them over so the ground pole is up)
In the end all that matters is how fully you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things that did not belong to you -Buddha
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.