SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hunter Legend 37.5?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: Hunter Legend 37.5?

I've always thought that was a pretty decent-looking boat, as well... Wouldn't be my first choice for trying to beat my way out of the Canal into the Caribbean, and up to the East coast, but I'm sure it's capable of doing so... You might just want to have your fillings checked, before leaving Colon... (grin)

Just a couple of comments... For a liveaboard or extended cruising, she doesn't appear to have much in the way of lazarette space or stowage for deck gear, that big aft stateroom might have to get pressed into service as a 'garage'...

I'd want a competent surveyor to have a close look at that chainplate arrangement, looks a bit funky to my eye - just from a cursory glance at the brochure...

The location of that mid-boom sheeting is really pushing it, it's well forward of the middle of the boom, and barely aft of the vang attachment... Trimming that main for going to weather in a breeze is gonna be a bit of work, for sure. You might have a look at the cockpit, with an eye towards the possibility of converting to end-boom sheeting, and putting the traveler at the helm, instead. I'm not a fan of spreaders swept that far aft in a cruising boat, either - but one can certainly learn to live with that sort of rig...

None of those issues are necessarily deal-breakers, by any means, simply compromises to take into account... I don't mean to sound too critical, chances are a boat like that could suit you just fine, and it does seem to be a lot of boat for the money...

Good luck with your search...

Last edited by JonEisberg; 02-04-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook