SailNet Community - View Single Post - Difference in boat prices?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2002

mvicsail is on a distinguished road
Difference in boat prices?

Avast Matey, have sung lead tenor roles in notable opera houses around the world (specializing in Verdi) and am currently taking a prolonged vacation from professional singing to raise my young ''un myself. I''m in my early 30''s and drive a ''94 Volvo station wagon and I have the same grandiose plans that I have had for the last 10 years as far as sailing is concerned, ever since I grew up sailing Mirrors back in old blighty.

Since then I have bare boat chartered(mostly daily charters with a couple of weekend charters) as much as demand for my services allowed, which granted wasn''t much, mostly in the 30-40 ft range on Lake Michigan, St Lawrence, the Med, the channel(skippered), and the Chesapeake so as you can see I am still very much a novice and know it (and am dedicating a good deal of time over the next 4 years to remedying that with the two crew who will be doing the first transatlantic crossing and fastnet with me).

I will keep my own counsel as far as manging the pieces of eight if you don''t mind.

Now how about taking a guess at the answer to my question if you feel qualified to do so, if not I can do without your wild guesses as they don''t amount to much.

Have a great 2002 ya scurvy bilge rat :-)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook