SailNet Community - View Single Post - Northern Chesapeake Activities for Kids?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Northern Chesapeake Activities for Kids?

Yes an hour to the bay, but its a sailable hour. Also the Sasafrass once past Ordinary Point, a couple of miles from sailin Assoc is a good river to sail in when its howling on the Bay which was one of your criteria. Its plenty wide enough to stay in and tack.

If distance is your worry about Rock Hall its about 1/2 hour closer. I would rather go to Rock Hall in the big pucture, but if it cuts down on using the boat.

I lived in Bryn Mawr years ago before 495 was built and we kept our boat at Gratitude in Rock Hall. It wa a tad less than a two hour drive. I live in Towson area. which is just north of Baltimore and my brother in Strathmore. Its a 1.5 hour ride.

Did you check Silver Cloud and Forked River on Barnegat bay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook