SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are Boats Built in the 70's Just Too Tired
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013

outbound is on a distinguished road
Re: Are Boats Built in the 70's Just Too Tired

Dave- may you always keep your keel wet and stick dry. I wish you joy. Thought about this-with money in the 4%s and return on investment in the 5-8% (most of it fixed return) figure to play with other peoples money. Wouldn't do this if I could not just buy out the loan when I want. I have lusted after a V50 for years and think the Shannon 43 done as a sketch is one of the prettiest boats ever built ( spoke to Walter about getting one but couldnt make the jump). Never owned a BCC because I never had the time to keep after the wood. Done Marion/Bermuda on a B40 so she holds a special place as well. Only point I was trying to make is it seemed you guys thought folks actually building new boats are idiots. That not true.It's usually a thought out decision just -different strokes for different folks. Doing without is not having a boat. Sun dries us all and rain makes us all wet. Please believe I was not making the insinuation you ascribe to me.