SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Dusseldorf: Allures 45

That was also a surprise. I knew very well Allures and I had visited the previous models so why the surprise?:

The quality of finish of the boat improved greatly to the point of being comparable to Swedish boats that not only are not aluminum boats but are more expensive. I was really impressed with the price and finish quality.

Allures were solid and well built but a bit rustic, like the OVNIS. Good quality around and a decent design but nothing special.

Your wife would not buy the previous model for its interior. Well, this one she will want it only for the interior quality in design and finish. Your wife will positively love it. I forecast a big increase in sales for Allures, a boat that is not only a good and fast sailboat (aluminum centerboarder) as have a better stability compared with the OVNI and one probably similar to the one from Boreal 44.

Have a good look at this interior:

Allures 45 - Allures Yachting

I really would like to have a look at a Boreal, one of the best boats in this category. Never saw one and it was not there. In some aspects it is an even more practical boat in what regards voyaging but I wonder if the quality of design and finish matches the one from Allures.

Last edited by PCP; 02-05-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook