SailNet Community - View Single Post - Northern Chesapeake Activities for Kids?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013
Asleep at the wheel

jimgo is on a distinguished road
Re: Northern Chesapeake Activities for Kids?

Yeah, that's something that scares me, too. I haven't tried going out to Forked River in the summer, but I'm afraid the drive will be nasty. It could turn a 2 hour drive into a 3 or 4 hour drive, if it's anything like going to the Wildwood/Ocean City area. That wouldn't be so bad if we were staying the whole weekend, but we're still not sure about overnights on the boat (long story), so keeping it close so it's a reasonable day trip (with traffic) is a big plus. If the drive to the Eastern Shore is really that easy (maybe making a 2 hour drive a 2:15 or 2:30), it might be worth it.

One big plus about both bays is that, unlike our location last year, we'll be able to sail whenever we want. Last year, we could sail at high tide plus or minus about 2-3 hours. When the high tide happened too early or too late, that could take an entire weekend out of the picture. So, I hope that we'll get more use this year simply because we'll have more possible weekends.
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook