SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chesapeake Bay, Western Shore Marinas
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Chesapeake Bay, Western Shore Marinas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailortjk1 View Post
Capt Rizzo keeps his boat at Port Annapolis Marina. He speaks very highly of it; club house pool, nice slips, good service, etc.
When we visited I found it to be a nice comfortable place. I can't answer the 6' draft question, but I remember there being what looked like deep draft vessels tied there. We flew into Ronald Reagan National and I am sure the drive was less than or right around 1 hour to get there.
We certainly enjoyed our time. (and look forward to returning for another visit in the Spring)
Port Annapolis

It certainly qualifies as easy Bay Access.
Port Annapolis is a great place, one of the best marinas IMHO. If I was to stay in Annapolis it would be at the top of my list. Its only a mile from Rizzos house too.

For me a slip for my boat there would cost over $7000 for the slip only and it would only be 40 ftX 14 ft. A $40 foot slip where I am ( including the club membership) is $4100 ( I have a oversized 64 ft slip X16) and our fee is $4900. Amenities are the same, access to the Bay and sailing the same, the biggest difference is it is a working yard and it is in Annapols.

Over 5 years to us thats a $10,000 difference. So call me cheap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook