SailNet Community - View Single Post - What if I get that call?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013
Newbie, Rochester, NY

GDSimmons is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to GDSimmons Send a message via Skype™ to GDSimmons
Question What if I get that call?

I'm sure this Thursday, when I attend the Genesee Yacht Club (Rochester, NY) meeting as a guest, I will get all sorts of information about what a newbie needs to bring on the first day of sailing.

Nevertheless, I'd like to hear from you as well. I get that call, "Greg, race tomorrow at 6 PM, we could use you for the crew..."

What do I show up with? My list so far:
*athletic wet suit (short sleeve/short pant kind)
*sailing shoes
*gloves (rated for sailing)
*tightly secured hat
*athletic shades??
*shorts/pants & T-shirt/long sleeve shirt to wear over the wet suit depending on weather
*small duffel bag to carry any of my belongings/secure them while underway e.g. watch/cell phone/wallet, etc.
*silver platter - cuz I know I'll get my rear handed to me the first time out LOL

Now I know some of you are laughing because I'm might be way be waaaay off base but hey, I have no shame in my newbie game. I'm using your feedback so when I get that call, I'll have a good idea of what to discuss with the skipper prior to arriving at the dock. Moreover, I'll know what I should be purchasing now in the off-season versus rushing to West Marine the night before to find my size or item is sold out!

Thanks in advance,
Greg
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook