SailNet Community - View Single Post - Currents in the C&D Canal
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013
chef2sail chef2sail is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,069
Thanks: 30
Thanked 58 Times in 54 Posts
Rep Power: 0
chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Currents in the C&D Canal

Originally Posted by PalmettoSailor View Post
Thanks for chiming in. I do want to make the trip somewhat of a timely fashion but ya' gotta stop and smell the roses somewhere.

The points you raised about the lack of decent stopping points between Solomons and Great Wicomico, is why I'm thinking an overnight the first day out of Herring Bay. If we felt the weather window looked good and the crew was in the groove, we could just keep on sailing out for the Atlantic leg. If not, it would be a daytime entrance to Kiptopeake (sp?) or Cape Charles. To wait for favorable weather or just rest.

Cape May would be a place I'd want to spend some time to check out if we do this trip. Once we're back in the Bay, we could arrange to offload any crew with time constraints and finish the trip at leisure.
Cape May....Utches is great and price too. If you decide to do this let me know I will give you the name of some upscale and family restaurants
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook