SailNet Community - View Single Post - Newbe with no experience buys big boat
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013

OPossumTX is on a distinguished road
Re: Newbe with no experience buys big boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvio View Post
Well crap,
I ordered a version of this book and now am not sure if it is compatible with my reader. It came in a package that requires some user input, it appears that I must manually "move" the opening "screen", "app", or whatever the technical term is for the front of the package with the art work. It appears to have some form of mechanical hinge that is not obvious at first glance but does appear to be quite cleverly designed and functional.

After rotating the artwork I am able to see the writing, note that clicking the writing does not open a new screen or advance the text. I found that after reading the first page of text I was able to repeat the actions that moved the artwork aside and revealed the text to advance through to the next screen.

The bookmark function does not seem to be working but I found that I can manually place a chopstick (left over from take out) between the text delivery modules and am able to quickly locate where I left off reading.

I am finding the tactile experience of this delivery system to be oddly rewarding and surprisingly portable.
I also have tried using a chop stick to maintain a position marker but this makes a bump in the TDM (Text Delivery Module). It also tends to gouge various parts of my anatomy if I carry the TDM in one of my hip pockets.

I find that the little sleeve package the chopsticks come in makes an excellent place marker for TDMs of this sort. I prefer the ones with an open end rather than the tear open variety. They are usually more colorful and made of better paper.

Have FUN!
O'
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook