SailNet Community - View Single Post - Life Span of a Boat
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Re: Life Span of a Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
Agreed, that has to be one of the more harebrained ideas I've heard of in quite some time... (grin)

Here's the mold from which my hull was the very first one to pop out of... A couple of decades ago, after the Allied Boat Company went bust, some dreamer bought the molds... They're still sitting in some field up in the hills outside of Amsterdam, NY...

At least I know where I might find a spare deck, if the need should ever arise... Although, I would hope someone would have the good sense to convince me to just shoot myself, instead... (grin)

Trust me Jon, I would be the first to try to talk you out of it. But should you ever decide to scrap Chancy, at least save that beautiful keel. or as a wise old friend of mine would say about now (grin).

Serious, seeing those molds stored like that, with their shiny side exposed to the sun is really sad. They must be shot by now if not decades ago.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook