Re: Bow thruster advise
Honestly I have to wonder why you want to put a thruster on a 36' boat? Until boats reach 45 foot or so I see them as unnecessary, between 45-55' kinda of a push, and only really become desirable in boats over 60'.
There are some major problems installing a thruster in a boat this size that can be very difficult to deal with.
1) a huge amount of drag relative to the size of the boat
2) a thruster needs to be deep enough not to ventilate. For a boat this size that means moving it pretty far back on the hull
3) the further back it has to go the less leverage it has, meaning you need a larger thruster, meani it needs to be further back...
4) the power budget for a smaller boat makes them undesirable
5) the amount of space they take up, and where that space is can be hard to work around
6) in a boat this size they are of at best questionable utility.