SailNet Community - View Single Post - Life Span of a Boat
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: Life Span of a Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
Trust me Jon, I would be the first to try to talk you out of it. But should you ever decide to scrap Chancy, at least save that beautiful keel. or as a wise old friend of mine would say about now (grin).

Serious, seeing those molds stored like that, with their shiny side exposed to the sun is really sad. They must be shot by now if not decades ago.

Jeff
Yeah, that keel is definitely the most valuable scrap on my little tub - largely thanks to you, of course...(grin)

For sure, those upstate NY winters have taken their toll on those molds by now - they probably should have at least been stored upside-down, no?

Those pics were taken almost 15 years ago... Our old Cruising World forum buddy TalW was helping me with a delivery on the Erie Canal one spring, when a big flood shut the system down for a week. Dave Gibson came and fetched us, took us up to see the Allied bone yard, very spooky place... Then we met Chuck and Kate for dinner... Seems like only yesterday, time flies on these sailing forums, eh?

I may be passing thru your neighborhood to pick up a boat going south around the 15th, I'll give you a shout, it would be great to see you again...

Last edited by JonEisberg; 02-05-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook