SailNet Community - View Single Post - Written Guide for Plumbing on Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013
Laugther is Good Medicine

HighFly_27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HighFly_27 Send a message via MSN to HighFly_27
Written Guide for Plumbing on Sailboats

I'm in the Process of -- Replacing or Verifying All Plumbing Below the Floor. The 1970 Islander 37, MS had all the Thru. Hull Fittings Replaced ( per last owner, it nearly sunk because of old fittings).

I see a lot of different hook ups and has two sets of bilge pumps and I just checked them and neither one worked.

I have the fresh water system to check out.

I have toilet system (updated sys.) and wonder how it is plumbed ? Also, I see a lot of boats listed for sale and they always say the toilet is installed but not hooked up... so what is the deal here ?

My boat was built in 1970 and has had five owners, a lot of people did different things to the boat. I do not have a boat manual and it's difficult to figure out what is what below the floor level, has had a lot mod's. over the years.

My Question.. what books would you buy to rework & test all the systems I ID'd above i.e. two bildge pump sys., fresh water plumbing, closed cooling sys. for Perkins Diesel, 6 gal. hot water sys., and toilet system; I have not found a holding tank but may be right below the head (need to look more) ?

Thank You,

Avery
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook