SailNet Community - View Single Post - Poor 'none' Factory Response
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006
Senior Moment

RickBowman is an unknown quantity at this point
Robin found

Dave,
I was finally able to catch up to Robin and I have ordered the needed parts. Thanks so much for your up to date information on PSC. I bet your new boat is going to be marvelous. Are you going through a dealer or directly through the factory? February 1 is not that far away, it's got to be exciting for you anticipating the new arrival? Where will you be sailing her and have you picked a name yet? What sort of accessories have you ordered to be included? What electronics have you chosen?

I have installed a rather inexpensive compaq laptop at the inside helm on a west marine adjustable swing bracket using maptech software with a wass enabled usb gps. It is a sevicable arrangement. I finally figured out that there are different light intensity settings and even day/night/fog/etc screens that are software adjustable that will produce different colors "even a nice dim red for night ", of course after I sailed into Tawas harbour at night being throughly light blinded by the screen. I am looking at installing an XM weather system but am still hunting for the best price and will wait untill after the Strictly Sail show in February before I purchase it. The best price I have found to date is $675.00, new. There was a private owner from California that was advertising a used unit that was never installed for I think $500.00 but I am hessitant on purchasing electronics in that fashion. The XM weather will connect to the laptop through usb. I have seen this in use and it's awesome. I am still looking for the right supplier for an autopilot, maybe at the boat show in February?

After owning one new boat and working on it for 5 years and selling it for what I paid for it, plus sailing the dog breath out of her, keeping her up to the highest standard, including inside heated storage, I discovered that there are sailors that will pay top dollar for a vessel that is ready to go in bristol condition. It's darn near as enjoyable to work on a boat as it is to sail one.
Rick
An update on ordered parts secured witha full credit card payment placed with Robin at PS. I ordered 2 kits 3 weeks ago and as of this date, 9Jan07 nothing has arrived. An inquiry call has been placed to Robin at PS.

Last edited by RickBowman; 01-09-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook