View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Pearson 36

Thanks the web site looks really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diz View Post
I have one of these, hull 45.

Though it's not a light air machine, it's a good sailing boat in anything above 5 knots or so. Give it 10 or more, and it'll keep up with most any displacement boat with a similar waterline.

It handles well in a blow. The forward wheel is odd at first, but it works well there. I actually had to cut out the rotten core from the cockpit sole and have that built up again, so when I had a fresh cockpit sole with no holes, I experimented with moving the pedestal aft. But the boat is so narrow at the aft end of the cockpit that it doesn't really work there. And it's not bad where it is if you have an autopilot, or when you are sailing and sitting on the rail holding the wheel. When not sailing and hand steering, I use the autopilot exclusively, and tend to sit facing forward at the aft end of the cockpit to keep watch.

I've made and filled a lot of holes. The hull is certainly solid. The decks are cored w/ balsa, and carry the normal risks there. We repowered the boat, did a bunch of primary electrical work, replaced the plumbing, replaced some through-hulls, etc.

If you want pictures and some of the projects I've done to help you figure out what you might be getting into, that info is up on a little website. There's also an incomplete owners list there; maybe someone in your area owns one and would take you for a sail.

I can't post a link, but if you point your browser to

pearson36.net

You should find that site.

Anything I can do, let me know.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook