SailNet Community - View Single Post - Newbe with no experience buys big boat
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013
Battered and Bruised

Silvio is on a distinguished road
Re: Newbe with no experience buys big boat

Glenn,
Just finished the book. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Something about the way you wrote regarding the character of Joyce made her very real and almost familiar to me. Your interactions with her seem to have been very intense and I have the impression that she definitely left her mark on you. It would be very interesting to hear how she would tell the story of your trip. Have you ever heard her tell her version of the story? Not saying that as if there would be controversy, rather it would be fun to hear how two people perceive the same event in different ways.

I hope you continue to sail as it sounds like there is so much that you enjoy about sailing. There are plenty of intermediate places between "leaving it all behind and circumnavigating" and "not sailing at all."

Coastal cruising for weeks or months at a time is very rewarding with enough challenges to satisfy many sailors and with the benefit of never being far from internet, news papers, and all the convenience of shore life. Well, at least here on the east coast I find coastal cruising to be that way. My own long term cruising goals do not extend beyond the Virgin islands, at least not yet.

Hopefully you'll stick around sailnet, there are some good folks here, some world cruisers, many day and weekenders, and plenty of us coastal folks.

Cheers!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook