SailNet Community - View Single Post - River Forest Marina owned by Joe Charels
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Re: River Forest Marina owned by Joe Charels

Dunno, Dan. The scant information I could find on Durbeck says their biggest boat was 62 feet, not 65. And that river is strictly inland, in Georgia and Alabama, and runs into the Flint River to reach past Florida to the sea.

Big boat, on an inland river? Odd. Bigger than what the company made? Odd. Inland river with BoatUS tow? And a marina that caters to large yachts but manages to avoid being mentioned at all on net? Odd. Oh, wait, the boat is on an inland river. So it would be odd that it needed a tow and couldn't drop anchor, or make arrangements to be towed in for repairs.

"Odd" just keeps coming up. When someone makes their first post on a forum to bitterfy protest something that can't be readily substantiated...My eyebrow stays up until I can find some substantiation.

For a business to manage to keep a zero profile on the internet these days, no references, no reviews, no listings in "Marinas of..." or anything similar? That's a pretty good trick these days too!

[later]
ts?
So now it is in Florida, not Alabama, which means it is on a different river? And it is the RF Yachting Center not the RF Marina? Nope, that doesn't work. You said specifically it was on the "Chattahoochee river." and the RFYC's two locations are nowhere near that river.

"Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice."
or, in Ricky Ricardo's immortal words, "Luuucyyy! You got some 'splainin' to do!"

I've got it. Gertrude Stein: There's no there there.

Last edited by hellosailor; 02-06-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook