SailNet Community - View Single Post - River Forest Marina owned by Joe Charels
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013
dockbum

dockbumdan is on a distinguished road
Re: River Forest Marina owned by Joe Charels

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
Dunno, Dan. The scant information I could find on Durbeck says their biggest boat was 62 feet, not 65. And that river is strictly inland, in Georgia and Alabama, and runs into the Flint River to reach past Florida to the sea.

Big boat, on an inland river? Odd. Bigger than what the company made? Odd. Inland river with BoatUS tow? And a marina that caters to large yachts but manages to avoid being mentioned at all on net? Odd. Oh, wait, the boat is on an inland river. So it would be odd that it needed a tow and couldn't drop anchor, or make arrangements to be towed in for repairs.

"Odd" just keeps coming up. When someone makes their first post on a forum to bitterfy protest something that can't be readily substantiated...My eyebrow stays up until I can find some substantiation.

For a business to manage to keep a zero profile on the internet these days, no references, no reviews, no listings in "Marinas of..." or anything similar? That's a pretty good trick these days too!

[later]
ts?
So now it is in Florida, not Alabama, which means it is on a different river? And it is the RF Yachting Center not the RF Marina? Nope, that doesn't work. You said specifically it was on the "Chattahoochee river." and the RFYC's two locations are nowhere near that river.

"Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice."
or, in Ricky Ricardo's immortal words, "Luuucyyy! You got some 'splainin' to do!"

I've got it. Gertrude Stein: There's no there there.
I also felt there was stuff that was veerry strange in that post. so I checked the profile and said to myshelf Hummmm! brand new member who's first post is a RANT. So i searched google to check on the marina, only found two. the one in NC which is very good, and BOATUS Towboat connected and one in the alabama area. The poster should be Complaining the Boat US if the tower took him to that place in FLA. Just from the web page You get the feeling they aren't sailboat friendly. TowBoat will even move him for free since it was they're "missteak"(sic)
Slip W=11
Georgetown, Md.21930
Sassafras River, Md.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook