SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jeffs Last Sail- MUST READ
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013

seaojoe is on a distinguished road
Re: Jeffs Last Sail- MUST READ

his saga continues, from this AM, Jeff's latest:

Good morning joe. We lost our electrical generator and battery charger. We got stuck in a srong windstorm thfor two days and the batteries went dead so I pulled out the generator to charge up the batteries and while it was running it got swamped by a wave and shorted out so we had to make a emergancy stop in peurto mensabe which was another nightmare you can't enter that port on low tide there was no warnings on my chart and with no electric I had no depth sounder so we hit a rck and got stuck for four hours before I could get us free and into the port so I realy chewed up the keel. So me and my wife have taken a bus to panama city to check prices on a new generator and battery charger and fiberglass repair supplies. The fiberglass supplies we can get easy the generator and attery charger we will have to order from marine werhouse panama he is the cheapest we have found. So we are going back to the boat friday andd I will beach it on low tide to start the repaires on the keel the generator and battery charger will have to waite until the third of next month when I get my next disability check. Then we will probably have to wait another month to have enough money to get through the canal. As for getting me money for help the only way I know ould be to transfer to my chase bank account or by western union. As for beeing solo no my wife flew into panama and she is with me now.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook